Canon has announced that the development of the 1D X Mark III is underway. It will feature an all-new CMOS sensor and “will be blisteringly fast.”
Canon 1D X Mark III Key Features
- Updated CMOS Sensor and DIGIC Processors
- 16 fps Shooting with Viewfinder
- 20 fps Shooting During Live View
- 4K 10-Bit 4:2:2 Internal Video Recording
- Canon Log and Raw Video Support
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF, 525 Selectable Areas
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS
- 10-Bit HEIF Stills Support
- Dual CFexpress Memory Card Slots
Back in January at CES 2019, Canon showed off several concept cameras – one of which turned into the Canon IVY Rec outdoor camera built around a carabiner design and quasi-launched via a limited pre-order Indigogo campaign. The Canon IVY Rec is now set to ship on October 20 for $129.
It offers a very simple design with limited controls, including no display or traditional viewfinder. It features a 13MP CMOS sensor and 1080/60p video capture. Wireless connectivity through the free Canon Mini Cam app gives you camera control and image transfer functionality.