Canon applied for a patent on a 70-300mm f/4-5.6 lens in March 2011. Presumably, this is an update to the consumer grade line of 75-300mm non-stabilized lenses. [Read more…]
Anyone who has shot video with a Canon DSLR recognizes that smooth iris pulls are impossible while recording with Canon’s EF lenses. In one of the more interesting patent applications of late, Canon revealed that it is working on new lenses with aperture rings for adjusting aperture settings during video capture. [Read more…]
Canon has several new lens rebates avaialable – and these are much better than the ones we saw last time around. The instant rebates are valid in the US through September 3, 2011. Check out the deals below. [Read more…]
Vincent Laforet revealed a yet-to-be-released Canon lens adapter for the RED EPIC on his blog yesterday. As he puts it: [Read more…]
In the above video, you can see what goes into making the rather pricey LockCircle DSLR body cap.
Is there really a market for this thing?
The Canon mirrorless camera rumors continue to swirl with a Japanese patent from Canon. The patent appears to call for a lens adapter between a Canon mirrorless camera body and existing EF lenses. The lens adapter seems to communicate aperture control between the two. No word on focus control though.
[via Photo Rumors]
Today, Canon announced updated availability dates for five of its delayed EF lenses.
- Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L Fisheye USM lens is scheduled to be available in late July 2011
- Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens is scheduled to be available in late August 2011
- Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM lens is scheduled to be available in late August 2011
- Canon EF 500mm F4L IS II USM lens is scheduled to be available in December 2011
- Canon EF 600mm F4L IS II USM lens is also scheduled to be available in December 2011
The new Zeiss 35mm f/1.4 Distagon lens is now available for Canon mount at B&H. Here’s the link.